Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) Certification Trainings
SAFe Agilist (SA) Certification Program – Leading SAFe, Ver 5.0 (Overview)
Scaling Agile or Scrum for multiple teams has got many challenges and there is no defined framework to scale agile for enterprises involving multiple teams. Core scrum also do not provide any defined guidelines.
In this two-day course, you will gain the knowledge necessary to lead an enterprise agile transformation by leveraging the Scaled Agile Framework™ defined by Dean Leffingwell and his team and its underlying principles of lean thinking and product development flow. You will leave with an understanding of how the principles and practices of the framework support Lean Thinking, Agile Development, SAFe ScrumXP, Agile Release Train, Agile Portfolio Management, Agile Architecture and Scaling Leadership.
This course is a requirement for those seeking certification as a Scaled Agile Framework Agilist (SA), is taught by Certified Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) Program Consultant by Scaled Agile Academy.
Executives, managers and Agile change agents responsible for leading a Lean Agile change initiative in the larger software enterprise.
By the end of this course, participants will be able to:
- Apply lean, agile and product development flow principles to improve productivity, employee engagement, time to market and quality
- Apply the Scaled Agile Framework based on lecture, real-world examples and insights by Scaled Agile experts
- Understand the skills necessary for an enterprise transformation based on the information and examples presented and additional recommended readings and resources
- Gain the insights into the leadership skill most effective in unlocking the intrinsic motivation of software development knowledge workers and begin applying them in your context
- Course material softcopy for personal use
- Certificate from Scaled Agile Academy as SAFe Agilist (SA) upon the successful completion of the course
- Free 1 year Scaled Agile Academy community membership
- Certified SA directory listing
- Content updates (SAs in good standing)
- Register the course with ExelPlus with required fee for the course
- Attend the 2-day Leading SAFe course by ExelPlus SAFe Program Consultant
- Pass the online SA exam by Scaled Agile Academy (retakes are $50 and can be taken 90 days or more after the previous exam)
- None to attend training
- For those seeking SA Certification
- 5+ years of experience in software development, testing, business analysis, product or project management
- Experience in Scrum
Module 1 : Intro to SAFe
Introduction to the Scaled Agile Framework™.
Module 2: Lean Thinking
An overview of Lean Software Development and Product Development Flow.
Module 3: Agile Development
Application of Agile development in the enterprise context. Business Benefits.
Module 4: SAFe ScrumXP
An experiential walkthrough of “SAFe ScrumXP”, focusing on scalable technical, project management and economic prioritization practices that enable scaling to the program and portfolio level.
Module 5: Agile Release Train
Identification, implementation and execution of Agile Release Trains — long-lived programs whereby teams-of-agile-teams optimize quality and velocity delivery for the enterprises larger value streams.
Module 6: Agile Portfolio Management
Agile transformational patterns for Strategy and Investment Funding, Program Management and Governance.
Module 7: Agile Architecture
Principles of Agile Architecture, role of System and Enterprise Architects and Architecting with Flow.
Module 8: Scaling Leadership
Scaling Enterprise Lean|Agile leadership.
Note: SAFe and Scaled Agile Framework are trademarks of Dean Lefingwell, LLC.